BONDED ASBESTOS REMOVAL
Bonded asbestos is any material that contains asbestos and has a strong bonding matrix.
This matrix is usually cement, which means it is very stable.
Bonded Asbestos Removal is the most common type of asbestos removal in Queensland. Most houses only contain bonded asbestos, though there are exceptions.
Bonded asbestos risks are easier to control and manage due to the cement that bonds the asbestos into the sheet.The stability of the product means it is less likely that asbestos fibres will get into the air during removal or maintenance.
Examples of bonded Asbestos in the home
- Asbestos cement internal sheeting
- Corrugated 'Super six' roof sheeting used as fencing, often buried in the ground at it's base
- Hardiplank wall cladding
- Slotted or smooth soffit/eave sheeting
- Roof sheeting and capping
- Gable end sheeting
- Toilet vent pipes
- Water and storm water pipes
- Drain trap surround cuffs
- External cladding (flat sheet or plank style)
- Car ports and shed linings
- Imitation brick cladding
- Telecommunications pits
- Zelimite backing boards in switchboards