Forgacs Cairncross Dockyards
Client: Lendlease Services
Contract Value: $1.2 Million
Forgacs Cairncross Dockyards, located in Morningside approximately 5km east of Brisbane CBD, is Australia’s second largest dry dock. Recently acquired by LendLease, the impressive 14.5 hectare waterfront property is no longer operating as a dockyard and has been re-zoned for residential development.
Lendlease contracted Advanced Deconstruction to undertake the extensive preparatory works consisting of HAZMAT removal from, and the Demolition of, the existing facilities including;
- Deconstruction of two heritage listed 43m high Favco steel slew cranes
- Removal of 6,848m2 of asbestos sheeting including 3,507m2 of ‘Super 6’ roof sheeting
- Removal of lead process dust from workshops effecting an area 5100m2
- Removal of approx. 120 PCB containing ballasts and transformers
- Controlled removal of all ozone-depleting substances and synthetic mineral fibre
- All hazardous material removal zones underwent continuous air quality monitoring and all sites were inspected and cleared by an independent Occupational Hygienist.
- Complete demolition including slabs and footings of twenty buildings on site with a combined area under roof of 12,072m2. These buildings ranged from a small insulated panel gatehouse to a 12m high, 4025m2 steel shipwright shed.
The project was completed in four months, it was delivered on time and safely with no injuries recorded.
larly seeks to improve upon industry standards to maximise results. This goal is achieved through consultation, not just with the client, but with the stakeholders on the ground which eliminates surprise and creates a solution that is not just good in theory.
Please contact us for assistance in reaching your desired outcomes.